Year Round Beachfront Cottages on Lockeport's Crescent Beach, Nova Scotia
Ocean Mist Cottages boasts one of the best beachfront locations in all of Nova Scotia with six fully equipped, two bedroom, oceanfront units that promise to meet your every expectation. The tastefully decorated interiors of our beachfront cottages create a cozy atmosphere that is bound to please. You’ll find pine cathedral ceilings and locally crafted pine furniture with all the amenities required for a comfortable stay. Garden doors open to a spacious deck overlooking Crescent Beach where you're only a stones throw away from the Atlantic Ocean. Each of our cottages has a BBQ, picnic table, deck chairs and outside fire-pits.
Interested in peaceful walks on a fine white sand beach where the only sounds you'll hear are the rolling surf and the laughter of children? Spend your days lazing on famous Crescent Beach in Lockeport, Shelburne County, Nova Scotia or relaxing with a book on the deck of your cottage rental. This mile long white sand beach is never crowded yet provides endless hours of enjoyment for those who visit year after year....whether for an hour, a day or a week.
The picturesque island town of Lockeport is joined to the mainland by Crescent Beach and its causeway. It is renowned for its fine white sand beaches and friendly people. With a population of around 600, the community is rarely busy except during its summer festivals -The Shelburne County Lobster Festival, Lockeport Canada Day Celebrations , Harmony Bazaar - Festival of Women and Song and the Lockeport Sea Derby.
If you're tired of crowds, and longing for solitude with a little adventure, this is the place for you and your family. Come experience what so many others have grown to cherish....life in the slow lane.
News & Updates
Availability - Cancellations are inevitable so email for vacancies
- please inquire about upcoming availability
- we have nothing available for Harmony Bazaar weekend
Summer Reservations - Please read before emailing
- we typically rent by the week or longer in peak season ( late June to end of September )
- the middle three cottages are rented from Saturday to Saturday
- the chalet and two end cottages are rented from Sunday to Sunday
- dogs are allowed in two specific units and fees apply
- 25% deposit required to secure booking ( partially non-refundable - see policies tab)
- maximum of 4 adults in any unit or a family of 6 including children
- please email to be placed on our cancellation list
Portland to Yarmouth Ferry - The Cat has returned
Bay Ferries will once again operate The Cat high speed ferry for the 2017 season beginning on May 31st
The ferry from Saint John NB to Digby NS is still operating.
Please visit www.ferries.ca/thecat for more information